Island Peak Climbing Nepal
Island Peak also known as Imja Tse is one of the most popular trekking peaks in Nepal for climbing on Himalayas . The combination of Everest base camp trek and Island Peak climbing is probably the best trip in Nepal adored by adventure seekers. From Dingboche the mountain is seen as an island in a sea of ice. Imja Tse not only provides an enjoyable climb but also provides some of the most spectacular scenery of Himalayas in the Everest region. Seen from the summit the giant mountains, Nuptse (7,879m), Lhotse (8,501m), Lhotse Middle Peak (8,410m) and Lhotse Shar (8,383m) make a semi circle in the north. The views of Makalu (8475m) in the east, Baruntse and Amadablam in the south add more charm in climbing Island Peak . For many mountaineers climbing Island Peak marks the beginning of climbing on Himalayas to prepare for a big Himalaya expedition in Nepal in the later years. For some mountaineers the peak stands for the purpose of acclimatization before heading to bigger mountain climbing. Trekking to Kaalapatthar or Everest base camp is best suited for acclimatization before proceeding to the climbing on Island Peak .
The normal route for climbing Island Peak is South East Flank & South-West Ridge Normally, the base camp is set at Pareshaya Gyab (5,087m), between Imja Tse and the lateral moraine of the Imja Glacier. Proper care should be taken to avoid the possible avalanche in the event of heavy snow fall. For some people reaching to the summit from the base camp is a day activity. However, most of the climbers prefer alpine style camping at high camp which adds the joy of climbing and also helps a safe ascent.
Island Peak Climbing Nepal
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 02: Sightseeing in Katmandu
Day 03: Fly to Lukla & Trek to Phakding [2652m]
Day 04: Trek to Namche [3450m]
Day 05: Rest day in Namche
Day 06: trek to Tengboche [3867m]
Day 07: Trek to Pheriche [4252m]
Day 08: Rest day in Pheriche
Day 09: Trek to Lobuche [4930m]
Day 10: Trek to Gorak Shep [5184m]
Day 11: Trek to Everest base camp [5357m]
Day 12: Trek to Dingboche [4350m]
Day 13: Trek to Chukhung [4750m]
Day 14: Trek to island peak base camp [5150m]
Day 15: Trek to high camp
Day 16: Ascent of island peak [6173m]
Day 17: Spare day
Day 18: Trek to Pangboche [3950m]
Day 19: Trek to Namche [3450m]
Day 20: Trek to Lukla [2800m]
Day 21: Fly to Kathmandu
Day 22: Depart Kathmandu
Trip duration: 22 Days
Grade: Strenuous - Peak Climbing - Alpine grade: PD+
Activity: Sightseeing and trekking
Starts in: Kathmandu
Ends in: Kathmandu
Accommodation: Hotel, camping or lodge (tea house)
Transportation: Flights, private car or tourist bus
Maximum altitude: 6189m
- Arrival pickup with private transportation and transfer to hotel.
- Kathmandu hotel with Bed and Breakfast on 3 star hotel.
- Foods 3 times a day: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with tea/coffee.
- Guest & Guide - Kathmandu - LUKLA and Lukla - Kathmandu both way airfare with airport tax.
- Full board trekking with all necessary camping gears.
- Trekking Guide, Cook, Assistance guide, kitchen helper etc. with their well paid Salary, life insurance, all foods, accommodations, expenses etc.
- 3 porters with their well paid Salary and life insurance, all foods, accommodations, expenses etc.
- Climbing Dome Tent for the guests, Kitchen Tent while trekking and all necessary Kitchen utensils for the trek.
- Island Peak climbing permit.
- Trekking PERMITS – TIMS CARD and Everest Conservation Area PERMIT.
- Garbage deposit fee peak.
- One climbing guide while climbing peak.
- Normal climbing gear. Fix and main robe, snow bar, ice screw, carabineers, Ice Hammer.
- First AID Medicine Kit available during the whole trek.
- Last night farewell dinner in cultural restaurant.
- 13% government tax.
- All personnal expenses.
- All alcoholic drinks, cold drinks and mineral waters.
- Tips for the staffs.
- During your stay in Kathmandu hotel your lunch and dinner.
- Personnal travel insurance.
- Personnal climbing gear
- Extra nights in Kathmandu.
- Lunch dinner in Kathmandu.
- Hot water while trekking except in camping.
Please fill up the form given below to Make an Inquiry.
Peak Climbing in Nepal
- Island Peak Climbing
- Mera Peak Climbing
- Island & Mera Peak Climbing
- Pisang Peak Climbing
- Lobuche peak Climbing
- Chulu East Peak
- Chulu West Peak
- Dromo peak Climbing
- Thapa peak climbing
- Saribung peak Climbing
- Ramdung Peak Climbing
- Naya Kanga peak Climbing
- Yala Peak Climbing
- Singu Chuli Peak Climbing
- Paldor peak Climbing